Monday, October 21, 2013

Witch Hat Cookie Tutorial!


Do you have someone you'd love to give these cookies to?




Oh how they make me giggle!

These are inspired by a free printable 
(by now y'all know how I love printables!)
by Jenny at The NY Melrose Family




Wouldn't this be such a cute hostess gift!  
You could print it out, pop it in a frame, and add some cute witch hat cookies!

Wanna make some of your own?




Bake some hat shapes using your favorite sugar cookie dough.

You can find the recipe I use HERE

You'll also need piping and flood icing in black and at least one accent color,
I used orange, purple and electric green.
If you'd like your hats to sparkle, you'll want either clear or matching sanding sugar.



The cutter I used is from a wilton set...here's a link:







With your black piping icing in a pastry bag fitted with a number 2 tip,
outline the brim and black stripes of your hat.

Make sure to curve the lines where the cone of your hat would meet the brim, and on your stripes.
That will make it look nice and round!






Fill in with black flood icing and let dry completely.







Then, with your accent color in a piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip,
connect the edges of the stripes.....






and fill them in with flood icing!

Now, you can leave them like this, or you can add sanding sugar and make them sparkle.
(If you add the sugar, make sure the black is really dry!)







While the flood icing is still wet, sprinkle on your sanding sugar.







Be sure to cover all the wet spots!






Just dump off the extra.

That's it!





Super cute with sparkles or without!






An easy hostess gift for Halloween!







Just make sure your hostess has a great sense of humor....



You can find more great Halloween printables HERE!

And even more great Halloween ideas on my Pinterest Board!


Thanks for stopping by! Lizy B
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. These cookies are so cute. I love the vibrant colors of the stripes. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! They make me think of Harry Potter, who I'm currently obsessed with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic, it makes me want to give it at try ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. extreme cuteness. You make it look possible to do, giggle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the plaque with the tiny hat:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your writing on cookies is PERFECT!! So jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cookies are just gorgeous!! Thank you so much for linking up to Wake Up Wednesdays. I'm sharing this recipe on FB and Pinterest today. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for tutorial. Cookies are cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...